Title: Reservoir Engineering Technician
Location: Denver, CO
Reports to: Reservoir Engineering Manager
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Great Western Oil and Gas is a Denver based independent exploration and production company focused on the Rocky Mountains. Today, we have active operations in the Denver-Julesburg Basin in Colorado.
This role is responsible for maintaining the corporate reserves database in ARIES, ensuring compliance with established processes and procedures, and supporting the reservoir engineering staff through acquisition, AFE, Lookbacks, and other tasks.
Essential Job Duties: Other duties may be assigned, as requested/required
- Maintains corporate reserves database in ARIES for quarterly and annual update cycles in collaboration with engineers, other departments, and 3rd party reserves auditors
- Supports SEC/SOX compliance in collaboration with other departments
- Acquisition analysis – build databases, gather and verify data, run preliminary economic analysis and metrics
- Assist with AFE’s and lookbacks
- General support for reservoir engineering staff
- Organize and present analyses and data outputs in graphical and presentation form
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Strong understanding of acquisition analysis through modeling, investment risking and finance alternatives.
- Experience with key software packages including: Aries, Access, Graphing and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, IHS Enerdeq
- Other preferred software: Spotfire, Enersight, Navport, ValNav