This positions is located in Denver, CO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position offered is a new position, due to the continued growth of our company, and will report directly to the Director of Financial Reporting. As a part of the accounting team, this position will assist in the following, working with various individuals within the accounting department and other departments within the Company:
- Lead and perform technical accounting research and draft accounting position papers for presentation to management;
- Generation of preliminary and final closings statements for all divestitures and perform due diligence on preliminary and final closing statements for acquisitions;
- Perform research and assists in the implementation of new accounting standards;
- As needed, assists in the preparation of financial statements and supporting reconciliations;
- Assists in the external audit process by providing support and explanation of accounting position paper conclusions;
- As needed, provide assistance in other areas of financial and operational reporting;
- Process Improvement – documentation of various accounting processes and identify root causes and areas for improvement.
- This will be a hands-on, self-motivated, highly organized and creative professional that can interface effectively with Operations, Land, Engineering, Joint Interest Billing Accounting, Revenue Accounting and accounting staff of other operators.
- We are seeking a goal oriented and ambitious person with experience working in a continuously changing environment. This is a high functioning, intelligent, and fun accounting group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- CPA required;
- 4-6 years public accounting experience required (2-3 years as a senior associate);
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and ability to perform research effectively;
- Oil and gas accounting experience preferred, but not required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, investigative, documentation and problem solving skills;
- Positive and professional attitude; perform responsibilities with integrity
- Work in a complex and growing organization and adapt to changes in structure and work priorities
- Work both independently and in groups, and willing to help team members in order to achieve departmental goals
- Work quickly, identify issues of materiality and make decisions within their authority
- Willingness to learn, seek advice and take direction when appropriate from Co-Workers, the accounting management, and others
- Problem-solve, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form; and relate effectively with others