Title: Environmental Coordinator
Location: Denver, CO
Reports to: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Great Western Operating Company, LLC, is a Denver based independent exploration and production company focused on the Rocky Mountains. Today, we have active operations in the Denver-Julesburg Basin in Colorado.
Under general supervision, coordinates company-wide environmental compliance efforts. Primary responsibilities will include State and Federal air quality permitting and compliance as well as environmental compliance for exploration and production related activities.
Essential Job Duties: Other duties may be assigned, as requested/required
• APEN and permit preparation.
• Manage Colorado Regulation 7 compliance and reporting
• Manage compliance with Federal Regulations, including OOOO, OOOOa, JJJJJ, ZZZZ, and GHG
• Maintain a current working knowledge of environmental regulations.
• Manage environmental compliance programs, including facilitating compliance audits and providing compliance assistance to Operations.
• Ensure that environmental procedures are kept current and accurate and reviewed as appropriate.
• Provide compliance assistance to operations including interpretations and implementation on applicable regulations.
• Maintain internal tracking systems to identify upcoming regulatory requirements for continuing compliance with regulations
• Monitor upcoming operations and compliance deadlines
• Participate with trade organizations on important environmental topics and interact with regulatory agencies on rule development/interpretation.
• Assist in special projects and research as required
• Oil and gas air permitting and compliance experience required
• Experience with Colorado air quality regulations required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences preferred
• 5-8 years of experience in air quality permitting and compliance
• Experience with environmental compliance, remediation, SPCC, and storm water preferred
• Ability to organize work and perform tasks independently and in a timely manner; analyze and solve problems and make decisions and/or recommendations and policies.
• Ability to convey highly technical information to a variety of audiences (field personnel to CEO/Board members) and to communicate and work effectively, both orally and in writing, with a variety disciplines in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
• Experience with COGCC regulations preferred